Finding, Stopping and Preventing Business Challenges and Risks
Business direction, due diligence, risk and compliance
Our team of payments and financial industry specialists delivers innovative, quick, easy solutions in environments where radical change is needed. Most usually this is to prevent or address exposures, risk, compliance or other potential business losses. Our team consists of experienced executives, directors, business owners and leaders who deliver and make things happen..... and quickly. Operating globally, and wherever the issues are, we work closely with your people, management and board to correct financial risks and non-compliance issues, remove losses, and make your shareholders, regulators and governing bodies happy.
- Applying for card scheme membership to become an issuer or acquirer.
- Considering holding a tender for a new payments partner, processor or acquirer.
- Post-merger or acquisition migration management of people, operations, systems and business planning.
- Need confidential help in reviewing operations of an acquisition or merger target or a current or future partner.
- Entering new markets and products, or simple innovative approaches to risk.
- Want to drive down chargebacks, fraud and other costs.
- Want an independent review of merchant service charge costs.
- Need to develop or validate a new payments business plan or strategy.
- A card-scheme requested review (Visa Inc. GARS review and advice).
- Compliance, Risk, Fraud or Collections losses are going up.
- Under threat of operating restrictions, card scheme or other Regulatory non-compliance actions.
- Need payment performance review - sales, planning, costs, approval rates, innovation etc….
- Media, social media and PR challenges, legal threats and challenges.
- Your lawyers or accountants need payments subject matter expertise.
- How to reposition risk-management as a business enabler.
- Independent business review, to drive future profitability and market competitiveness.
- Defining and driving organisational change and business re-structuring.
- Rapid professional response to URGENT issues.
- Planning to lead the market with new and/or ‘psychology-based’ tools and services - especially in Fraud Prevention and Detection.
- Coaching and mentoring for executives in payments.
- New business sales & risk acceptance to stop all the panic and conflict.
- Or just need someone to talk to, or go through your plans with, or to talk about what is going-on in payments!
We deliver people to share your thinking and ideas with and evolve them further to deliver strategies, people skills, new or replacement systems, a better performance or simply lower - or more predictable losses. Our experience is unbeatable, our analysis of your problems is precise and prescriptive, and our delivery outstanding. Save on professional costs with our practitioners who have 'done it all' before for lots of major global companies.
Our team works globally, but more within with insurance companies, banks, card companies (whether credit cards, debit, pre-payment, NFC etc.), issuers and acquirers, telecoms, retailers payment solution providers, sales organisations, technology vendors, card schemes, national regulators, technology solution providers, sales organisations, data bureaux, ……… and many more. Increasingly, risks are moving towards identity theft, authentication solutions, internet and mobile challenges, new crypto-currencies, blockchain solutions etc. In all these areas new solutions, products, strategies and plans are needed, along with new management skills and techniques.
Our people work with regulators in many industries and industry bodies and agencies, with acquisition targets and hunters including with the card schemes - MasterCard and Visa mainly and local card and ATM schemes, insurers, vendors, merchants and lawyers. Our experts manage all varieties of complexities and evolve strong and effective solutions, systems, practices and policies as required; that are valued by our clients worldwide.
We will look at what you have and do, and fill in any gaps and prescribe elements of risk strategy or processes that you should have.
We will help you share the vision, justify the financials, implement change, and as with all corporate risks, we will help you to develop a sense of priority and urgency with our specialists.
Tell us about it and we will help find innovative, new and different solutions, but will also use industry best practice.
We will help people understand what is needed, whether in the boardroom or the people who are dealing with the individual losses. Our business knowledge is practical, real and current.
The nature of our work mitigates against testimonials - largely as we make six or seven figure savings for an organisation, remove it from a regulator’s list or ‘compliance fine’ situation, or establish a stronger direction, policy and framework of controls or measures for the more forward thinking organisations. Our customers understandably ask us to keep this work confidential, albeit we always receive praise and clients who provide personal references at MD/CEO level. Being quoted companies across the globe and/or major public bodies, and those that are often in the public ‘eye’ makes this even more relevant.
We have provided a list of below, by changing names and locations where necessary to completely disguise obvious client identities. This details the work and the types of projects that we have carried out in recent times below, sometimes lasting days, and other times carried out over a number of years as we guide boards towards stronger performance, profitability and safer business. The list also shows other things that we get involved with as a result of our work: